And here I thought we were getting along famously.

 



That’s what happened when I try to logon. To what site? This one:


I joined a few weeks, having overcome my ambivalent feeling about a platform boasting of no censorship and a platform obviously open to the the charge of being an echo chamber easily dismissible by anyone who might need persuading to think in a new way.

After a few of the usual missteps I got signed up. I’m available via searches for SigmaZrn, RFLaird, or Robert Laird. I’ve posted 15 times to date. Pretty pleased with the way posting works, despite the Twitter-like limitation of 500 characters per post. Then, the other day, I was going to post again, and I was unable to log in.

They told me that either my email address or my password was wrong. Thing was, they weren’t. Truth Social SW had actually posted both those bits of information into the Settings folder on my iPad. I copied them both directly and pasted them into the login form. Same answer. I had one of them ‘wrong.’ They asked me to reenter my email address to confirm my identity and they would send me an email with a code enabling me to change my password. I did so. Repeatedly. No matter how quickly I jumped from entering my email address to opening my mail application, they sent me the same scolding pop-up in red letters: “The temporary access code we sent you has EXPIRED.”

All righty then. My interest in playing games with your software bugs has also EXPIRED.









 




Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble