The World of One Hit Wonders & Guilty Pleasures

 


Welcome to the world of One Hit Wonders. A club I belong to because I only ever had one book published by the American book publishing industry. Written about that elsewhere, so I won’t labor the point here. It’s the easiest way to dispense with my writing and my life. I get that.  A lot of people, including MeTwo, think I’m a failure. I probably am. On the other hand, I think it’s time to look at other One Hit Wonders (OHW), who have become to my own mind Guilty Pleasures. I’d be happy to be in their company. As a note to remember, I looked for Lowry’s book at the Internet Archive site. Not there. I’m there three times at least. Maybe I didn’t die right away…

First one. To my wife, who according to MeTwo and her own confirmation, no longer likes me, always returns to this OHW from the Golden Age of  MTV:


Me? She may not like me, but I still like her. Told her so yesterday. The only woman I can still talk to. She spars, she punches (verbally), and I have never called her stupid. Which, as a matter of record, I never do to women. I call them other names they do deserve. Why conversation between men and women IS a Wicked Game.


Now we’re into OHW, purely Guilty Pleasures… because it’s over and you know it.

Love this song. I can dance too. Life is always a dance.

Ever heard of Just Fun?


Right. I forget I’m a racist, misogynist old white guy wonk. Why this is on my list of Guilty OHWs:


And why I can both Pump up the Jam and be three generations behind. With the best OHW of all time. From Ozzie and Harriet, before there was a show. Can you remember back that far? What I do…


And then there was this. Just so women have become in the time since… 

Everything wrong with women today.

My wife doesn’t like me anymore because I know what’s wrong and she doesn’t like that. She hates being the one exception to what I know.






























Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble