Being the continuation of InstaPunk and InstaPunk Rules
Hands Across the Water, Hands Across the Sea
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
People say the left has no heart. This is very far from the truth. They are full of love and empathy for everybody but the evil ones among us, and they are very Old Testament in their conceptions of Justice. They believe absolutely in the Death Penalty and Hell forever after, except for the ones who get oppressed by the evil ones for their color, ethnicity, gender choices, sexual promiscuity and perversity, body odors, excretory preferences, criminal propensities and other mental illnesses, and every form of weakness except being too small to live anywhere but inside a woman’s body, to which they have no right at all. With the exceptions noted, they love absolutely everybody equally, especially people who work for the government and famous rich people who agree with them about all of the above.
Everybody acts like this is so hard to understand. It isn’t. It’s simple. You just have to have an eye for it. Know how to look for their heart and when they’re wearing it prominently on their sleeve.
A tableau that should, and will, bring tears to your eyes before the end of this post.
See? That’s why we at the Instapunk Times have taken the extraordinary step of expanding our reach to include a news division capable of covering and understanding the aspects of the non-MAGA population only a specialized kind of discernment can appreciate properly. To this end, we have recently acquired the struggling multimedia outlet called Brightbelt News.
A brave voice in the wilderness with a touching story all its own, covered Below the Fold.
Yes, you can learn more about Brightbelt later, but for now all you need to get you started is their maiden post at IPR. Which is in their capable hands, from here to the end.
The Politics of Martyrdom and Verse Vīsa
The Charlie Kirk Hoax, as it will one day be known, is the most cynical ploy yet by a Trump oligarchy intent on imposing fascism on the United States and the rest of the world too. Who could imagine they’d be willing to sacrifice one of their own to deal a deadly blow to the forces of wisdom and light who oppose them? Imagination doesn’t matter when you have a rifle in an open carry state. In the state of Utah something violent happened last week, and depending on your political human values, what happened was either a cold-blooded assassination of a hero or a harsh but overdue levying of Social Justice on a dangerous fascist.
Regardless of how you see it and express yourself about it personally, the result was creation of a martyr for the cause of autocratic oppression of the ordinary people across the country. The parades and speeches in support of the new martyr began immediately, but then eerily parallel act of political violence occurred, receiving huge coverage of its own.
The power of MAGA was applied to the crisis of a dissenting and irreverent voice. The response was a death blow not to a lone human body but to a whole American institution.
This one of those cases where the perilous spark ignites a fa larger fire than anyone could have thought possible. The Senior Senator from New York took a stand of mythic scale against the totalitarian oppression of free speech to an American who wasn’t even in the country without papers. Here’s how it went:
He meant every word. The way he always does.
Then, as happens in American life, all hell broke loose. The victim of the indecent assault on his freedom chose to fight back.
SCOOP: Multiple news outlets are reporting that ABC has pulled the Jimmy Kimmel late night show from its broadcast lineup indefinitely, beginning tonight. What no other source has reported is Kimmel’s response to the allegation that he knowingly lied about the motive of the Sept 10 assassination.
“No one has even talked to me about this,” he said. “The fact is that this has nothing to do with what I said on TV last night. I say shit. We all do. but I get singled out. This is the most glaring example of the Trump administration’s installational racism, which I have long been a victim of going back to when I was a pioneer as a biracial entertainer before no one else was. You know what I’m saying?”
“It’s stone hardcore racism is what it is,” he said. The angry host continued his rant, calling out the involvement of surly white supremacist health clubs located near the ABC studio, as well the devious machinations of failed (and envious) biracial entertainer Vanilla Ice, who was on the show once and stole one of Jimmy’s basketball trophies.
“I’m going to get me that lawyer, you know the one, where the glove don’t fit. I know exactly what we’ll tell that jury. If the Frame don’t fit, you must, uh, quit trying to convict me. My man Jussie says it’ll be a cinch to get off with the right reporters on the case.”
When Kimmel took time out to catch his breath, a personal assistant volunteered that the talk show star was already booked to appear on The View with “that Sunny Hostin, Whoopi, and that old Jewish lady.”
From across the room, Kimmel shouted, “I’ll knock their socks off. You’ll see. You got that?”
Yes, we got it and now you got it too. Can’t wait for the Kimmel-Hostin hookup. He looks eager…
Now the game is afoot for real. Overnight, infusions of cash and ready volunteers put in place the first step,of a step of state funeral for the Jimmy Kimmel Show. A casket filled with the precious videotaped episodes of the show were put on display in a flag-draped casket and hundreds verging on a thousand mourners passed through the Capitol Rotunda to,pay their respects for the Death of Democracy.
One cynically conceived Republican martyr had just been outshine by a far bigger martyr worth many hundreds of millions of dollars for decades to come.
Sooner or later, they all came to honor the fallen standard of a nation. Pelosi, Schumer,
a bunch of the others too, whether they’d been able to don their dashikis or not.
Incredibly moving and newsworthy for all the alphabet cameramen in the audience.
What happens next is, as the old adage goes, in the lap of the DNC.
This is a DEVELOPING STORY…
Below the Fold…
As promised some background information on the Brightbelt News Divison. It was launched yewrs ago by an incredibly talented video editor named Pamela Key, who found herself oppressed and abused, both personally and professionally by the ruling patriarchy of the Breitbarf Website and Import-Export Company.
As working conditions grew worse, Key ceased to be permitted to write any copy on her own but identifying pronouns of speakers. She was required to record interviews from streaming broadcasts and then employ company technology to transcribe the words into Breitbarf Internet posts, intended Key believed, to be read by no one ever. Her pay was reduced repeatedly until she was actually forced to live in a storage area behind the editorial offices.
This is a photographic memento of that sorry period in her life.
Then she managed to make a physical escape by signing a contract with a major GOP donor who was so infatuated with her feral social behaviors that he underwrote her own journalistic endeavor called Brightbelt News.
She continued to work at Breitbarf to maintain her access to wire copy and Rolodexes of like-minded dissident journalists. All came crashing to a halt some months into the project when her sponsor ran off to Borneo with a lycanthropic boy from Brentwood.
Now it’s time to turn the page again. Here is our once and future Brightbelt editor.
The great news is that many of her former correspondents are still available to work with her. One day at a time. We’ll have to see how it all goes. Just like the oh-so promising martyrdom of Jimmy Kimmel. Perhaps Brightbelt can even be a bridge between the starkly divisive media world of the past and the ‘both sides now’ approach of reshaping the truth in ways pleasing to everybody…
This is what I call an omnibus post. That is, it will contain many links to what I have published here and elsewhere previously. Not going to apologize for that. I don’t mind asking you to read a variety of approaches to the same gigantic topic. It’s a topic so big we’ve all become accustomed (or trained ourselves) to deal with it only in pieces. But the pieces are all part of a larger whole that has grave consequences for the culture as a whole. A great many people aren’t going to like what I have to say here, but it’s time it was said. I won’t be mincing words. If you feel like contending with specific points I am making, you’re well advised to read what’s at the links before you cut yourself the easy break of dismissing this post as irrational or wrongheaded or over-generalized. It isn’t. It just won’t be popular. A word about the word ‘general’ as it used in vernacular expressions like ”in general” or “generally speaking.” We all do generalize, mostly without acknowledging that whe...
Invocation of Nemesis by the Summoners Click on Rosie. Thought I’d get this part out of the way right up front. I’m reminded of Oscar Wilde’s famous quip about the upper class British sport of fox hunting: “The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible.” As it happens, I’m working on two different posts at the same time this morning. This one and another one about the sad PR plight afflicting the unfortunate middle child of the three worst First Ladies in American history. . What the posts have in common is that the dominating element of both stories is a function of female psychology and can only be understood in those terms. There’s also the irony that Wilde’s jibe can be applied with some justice to both predator and prey in the two posts. Because I’m going to admit at the outset what most of the MAGA faithful won’t. You are right that Donald Trump is responsible for much of the imminent danger we are facing as a nation. Without his arrival on the political scene 11 years ...
Mad Max as you’re supposed to want her Having finished my Mad Max post yesterday, I realized I had confined my discussion of the ‘Instant Gratification’ problem to the MAGA fainthearts. Their inability to look far enough forward to envision consequences is far less than that of the whole half country full of Democrat apologists and Trump haters. Shouldn’t I address that fact in some comparable terms to what I just wrote? I guess so. The easy answer is referencing the two recent Mad Max sequels provided to us by Woke Hollywood. But I haven’t seen them. I had no interest in paying to see them in a theater. At one point I did put one of them, Furiosa I think, on my IMDB watch list. I received a notification that it would be briefly available on one of the streaming services and I did tune in to watch. Lost interest about 15 minutes in, by which time the old rules had it a good movie should have you hooked. I was not hooked. It was just the same cinematic backdrop as the Road W...
Yeah. Click on the blue headlines. There are two precursor posts to this, both still in-process. I’ll finish and link them later. One is about the death of the historical novel, which mirrors a lot of other deaths in our culture. The other is about divorce, an absolutely transformative and deadly factor in what has become of us as a nation. What does that leave us with? The end result of our progressive devolution, largely invisible to all, because it is a function of the variable we tend to think of as a constant, human consciousness. Which it isn’t. I’ve written quite a lot about the consciousness problem over the years, and Instapunk Returns, as well as a couple other of my blogs, contain 5+++ years worth of thoughts on the topic. I’ll be sending you to those posts here, providing you with an excerpt, usually the lede, a sample graphic or two, and a link. The order is roughly chronological. I’m not going to give you any particular setup from piece to piece. The relevance to the main...
Happy Independence Day No. 250! I’m planning to do my part for the year-long celebration of the still remarkable birth of the United States of America. Just starting to realize that the number of us who remember the last big anniversary in 1976 is getting smaller every day. Why I have some special ideas about focusing on the moment of transition, that is the tick of the clock last night when the 249th year became the 250th. A kind of time capsule that may be buried now but dug up later to see who were way back when you were still as young as you think you are now. My credentials for the job. Quite a few actually, but the most important one today is that I was a working participant in the official Bicentennial celebrations back when I was still young. I wrote a post about it almost 10 years ago, ancient history in today’s 24/7 chronometer dial. In honor of the ones no longer with us from that time, I dug up the old post from the Wayback Machine and put it back together here a...
Marc Antony: “ Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; “I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus Hath told you Caesar was ambitious: If it were so, it was a grievous fault, And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it. Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest– For Brutus is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable men– Come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral. He was my friend, faithful and just to me: But Brutus says he was ambitious; And Brutus is an honourable man.” [Worth noting, Gaius Julius Caesar was not an emperor; the successors who fought for absolute power and took his name as a title were emperors and brought about the death of the several hundred years of Roman Republic.] The American Republic is now at an end. We had a good run. He will be forced to concede, because Trump will not declare martial law....
Conflicted identity and media image woes By now we know if you’re a Democrat, getting elected isn’t about who you are, what you’ve done or haven’t done. It’s about how people see you. The factors that can do in a candidate are often more subtle than the pundits of the professional wrestling circuit called the mainstream media. Why we think it’s time to help the world’s most uninformed voters about who to elect as their next nominee for President. We’re not going to get all racist and sexist about it. The decision points we’ve discovered are all based on the individuals involved, not the immaterial fluff like experience or political philosophies. We’ll start right at the top and give you one simple thing to bear in mind before you try to pick a winner for 2028. Kamala Harris Not about the word salads or the escort thing. Too Desperate. Gavin Newsom Too Lyle Waggoner. Times change. Bernie Sanders Too ‘Little Big Man’ AOC Too prematurely passé Gretchen Whitmer Too Lily-White J...
Today’s Hot Headlines C-Span: Beto O’Rourke Kicks Off Presidential Bid Real Clear Politics: Trump—John Brennan ‘A Real Sick Person’ MSNBC: Ocasio-Cortez Answers Audience Questions CNN: Famed Southern Poverty Law Center Accused of Racism The Weather Channel: Flint Residents Angered After Stockpile of Bottled Water Found Media Research Center: Killer Misogyny Episode of Dick Wolf’s ‘FBI’ Breitbart Hollywood: SNL Mocks Jussie Smollett Fallout Fox News/Opinion: Watters World—What Role Will Mueller Report Play in 2020 Campaign? Fox News/Reporting: Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper Debate Which One Hates Trump More Not Video from Power Line: Long Overdue Action on EMP
Comments