Being the continuation of InstaPunk and InstaPunk Rules
The Constitutional Crisis that Isn’t
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The spelling authority relied on here is from the U.S. Gazetteer in Shuteye
Nation, which is also the source, by omission, that Rode Island doesn’t even exist.
Not a Constitutional Crisis? What is it then? A judicial coup attempt launched by 6 shopped judges in 3 states, plus DC. Actually, only two states, since ‘Rode Island’ is just a Brahmin trick to give ‘Machusetts’ four senators. Of the judges, three are wymyn, three are myn, however these are defined anymore, three have Harvard law degrees, two have law degrees from anti-Christian formerly Catholic universities (one law degree doesn’t even count because it’s from Uhio), and all are left-wing Democrats.
Two kinds of proof are offered here. One is derived from an ancient ritual practice called Logic, presently either unknown or odious to post-modern ‘Progressives,’ who need nothing more than the right drug regimen to arrive at the ephemera they describe as Truth and Justice. The other proof will be visual, which is a lot easier than that “A=B, B=C, so A=C” crap.
I’m giving you the logic because without it, I wouldn’t have looked up the maps I’ll be showing you in a minute. The President of the United States is the chief executive of the Executive Branch, one of three co-equal branches of the government along with the legislative and the judiciary. All employees of the Executive Branch serve at the pleasure of the President, because he is responsible by virtue of election for what they all do. In his executive capacity he has not just the right but the duty to be well informed about what executive branch employees are doing, what they are spending the monies allocated to them on, and how efficiently and cost-effectively executive functions are being carried out. No judge has the right, or any legal basis, for ordering the halt of any such information gathering activity or the resulting adjustments in staff size that may result from the discovery of mismanagement by the top manager in charge. That’s the Logic part.
Now comes the visual part. Here’s the map showing where the federal judges from individual states and cities have mounted their attempt to stop the chief executive from finding out what his employees are doing and standing them down during the process of finding out:
Did you find the parts of the country where the overwhelming percentage of the work done by
federal judges is restricted to in their rulings? It’s the little red boxes in the upper right quadrant.
With me so far? I used the term “judge shopping” earlier. A politician has the right (the traditional ability at least) to meet with individual federal judges when he wants to make a federal case out of something. He’s allowed to petition the judge to accept his case for review and make a ruling on his selected point of law. Where would a Democrat politician be most likely to find a judge likely to sympathize with his politics? Not quite as easy as you might think:
The red spaces on the map above are all the counties that voted for Trump. The blue
spaces are the counties that voted for Harris. Why we have an Electoral College.
When Dems pooh-pooh the characterization that Trump won in a landslide, who you gonna believe? Their doctored final vote counts or your lying eyes? Why do you think pols glommed onto the word landslide in the first place? (Did you feel earth move, baby?) Even judges like to be popular in the regions where they perform most of their work. It’s not enough incentive for a judge to be just from a blue state. He must be from a state (or district) that is deep blue. You really can’t get much bluer than Massachusetts/RI, the southern district of New York, and the District of Columbia (DC being the place the richest federal workers live). It also helps for a judge to be so old that his pension is assured and he can afford to hunt headlines on his way out to pasture. Of the 6 judges presently trying to order Trump around in his own Executive Branch, only one is less than the official retirement age of 65. One of them is over 80 years old. All blue and too old to care.
If you’re intrigued to see them by now, here they are:
All I can tell you for sure is that the judges are younger in these pics than they are now.
We have, of course, entered Lawfare Phase 2, wherein people with sheepskins in wolf sizes try to hunt down Donald Trump and, more importantly than before, bring down his administration. With regard to the Trump Curse, we’re hardly flying blind here. There was a slate of judges and prosecutors who thought they had a deer in the headlights, not the fucking stag from the Hartford.
They all thought they were winning their cases. They had a bagful of legal tricks, which they used skillfully to make the narrowest possible decision that was right at the ethical line of good practice, unless it went way beyond that line because they had learned at law school that a smart enough attorney can get away with practically anything if the court machinery is on their side. My problem with the LSAT, and the reason I passed up law school after years of being pushed toward it, was that the instructions insisted you always make the “correct” decision by interpreting all the facts as narrowly as possible. If you looked more broadly at the questions being asked, you found yourself disagreeing with the “correct” answer and even disagreeing with the myopic definition of what constitutes a “correct” decision in a matter of justice. You just stop seeing how an ill-framed premise can lead to an absurd result by focusing narrowly on the wrong things. I didn’t want to spend my life arguing myself into smaller and smaller and tighter and tighter boxes that can suffocate your humanity and ruin your mind. I have never doubted my decision to stay away from the legal profession. Most lawyers are paper pushing clerks who spend their lives avoiding courtrooms. I would have preferred the courtroom to clerical busywork even for less money and skyscraper views. But I couldn’t have stood being a defense attorney moving heaven and earth to get acquittals for people I knew to be guilty. I couldn't stand the thought of being a prosecutor and learning to cut corners for the purpose of keeping the conviction rate up and my career prospects high, while some number of innocent defendants got convicted on clever courtroom maneuvering. Being an auto mechanic also requires enormous attention to detail, but the auto mechanic doesn’t have to sell his soul to fix a car, because his thousandths of an inch assessments aren’t the difference between life and death, just between ‘works’ and ‘doesn’t work.’
The practice of law has destroyed more promising people in this nation than military combat. By far. A huge chunk of my generation went to law school. I met them on commercial flights over many years. When I found a seatmate was a lawyer, I asked him if he was happy with his choice of profession. Can’t recall a single clearly positive answer. People tell strangers on planes the truth more often than they do to friends and family. No consequences to seeming a disappointment in some stranger’s eye.
Bothering you with all these thoughts, because they occurred to me repeatedly as the legal shenanigans around Donald Trump proceeded through the Biden years. How could they not see they had just sidelined themselves for life as completely as Shakespeare’s Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern in Hamlet?
The Trump Curse isn’t something he inflicts on people. They inflict it on themselves with that odd flavor of Narcissism which makes supposedly conscious and talented people go blind about the consequences of thinking Trump is playing a role in your destiny, when people in general can see that the truth is the exact opposite. The pursuers of the stag are themselves accidental prey. The stag just does what he does, and he’s damn hard to bring down. Why, perhaps, there’s an ancient mythical monster called the Wendigo, who is depicted as some supernatural but definitely stag-like Nemesis.
Avoiding a bloody end in the enchanted forest requires abandoning
the conviction that enchanted forests are childish make believe.
Since Inauguration Day, the Wendigo is no longer the solitary delusion he appeared to be. Now he has his own pack and they’re, OMG, loose in Central Park:
Like others, I have already begun my own meme work on the new attackers. Seems everyone’s more prepared to jump into the chase more quickly and satirically. We know who the joke’s really on at this point. Here’s my first shot at the judge with the funniest name. My post:
And a followup:
I started after Judge Engelmayer when he made his first unhinged ruling on DOGE data collection:
Engelmajor seems to have doubled down since his first lordly door slam on DOGE (the phrase ‘drunk as a lord’ ring any bells?), so I will remain on his case.
I’m not trying to make you feel guilty if you don’t to play in the meme-building process. Not a sport for everyone. Just an opportunity. I know the lefties are singularly bad at it. I keep getting notifications from some FB friend whose request I don’t remember accepting, but I think he’s identified me as one of them.
Which I am, obviously. Just as he is one of them in that other sense. This fella is a great bomb thrower. He finds some lefty comic who churns out attempted memes aimed at Trump and his allies, but their humor attempts aren’t funny because they all come down to the same punchline: how stupid and dangerous and unwashed all the MAGA constituents are as they blindly follow their authoritarian monster of a Democracy killer. You read or watch whatever it is, and all you can think is, Could anything be any lamer than that? And then you realize, well, yeah. What’s lamer than that is the superior Trump hater whose page offers zero information about himself and whose posts are always someone else’s jokes, introduced by no more than a sentence, if any intro at all. That’s lamer.
Why they don’t get what losers they are personally and politically. Do I feel sorry for rhem? No.
Anyhow. I know I haven’t given you a lot of fact-type specifics so far, but that’s why we have the Undernet. Much of what I haven’t shared is in today’s trip through the dark ether of the American battle for survival. But it’s not all gloom and doom out there. You’ll see that too, below the fold…
BELOW THE FOLD
If you’re not familiar with, or don’t remember the Undernet, click on the Portal title banner for the basics. You can return from all Undernet portals with the back-function on your device. Failing that,,getting lost is no big deal. If something sends you wandering far away, you can always return here the way you got here today. Hope you find the day’s adventure illuminating, amusing, or helpful in some way. See you anon…
Conflicted identity and media image woes By now we know if you’re a Democrat, getting elected isn’t about who you are, what you’ve done or haven’t done. It’s about how people see you. The factors that can do in a candidate are often more subtle than the pundits of the professional wrestling circuit called the mainstream media. Why we think it’s time to help the world’s most uninformed voters about who to elect as their next nominee for President. We’re not going to get all racist and sexist about it. The decision points we’ve discovered are all based on the individuals involved, not the immaterial fluff like experience or political philosophies. We’ll start right at the top and give you one simple thing to bear in mind before you try to pick a winner for 2028. Kamala Harris Not about the word salads or the escort thing. Too Desperate. Gavin Newsom Too Lyle Waggoner. Times change. Bernie Sanders Too ‘Little Big Man’ AOC Too prematurely passé Gretchen Whitmer Too Lily-White J...
Did the District Attorney of Philadelphia propose blowing up Trump’s White House Ballroom and auctioning off pieces of the rubble to cut the deficit? The Answer Provided by Google’s AI Assistant: Yes . Our topic today is Larry Krasner and his record as the District Attorney of Philadelphia and apparent higher political aspirations. Our purpose, though, is not purely political. It is to provide a demonstration of how Artificial Intelligence applications can be used in personal research that goes deeper than the media ever do. It is also to show the pitfalls of relying on such applications without a dogged determination to be thorough. The programmers behind the computer “intelligence” are always there, and they are just as human and political as, well, the elitist geeks who write the code. There are always two big questions to answer before undertaking what will be a long and complicated post on a complicated topic. First, Can I do it? And second, Do I really want to do it? This t...
AI is independently objective? Not politically biased? Not a powerful hidden censor? Guess again. This post isn’t about AI. But AI is now part of an increasingly ominous context in which the fate of western civilization is being played as both low comedy and high tragedy. I use an AI app as a satirical tool. It enables you to make still photos of faces say things from a long list of snappy quotes and music clips. A lot of the quotes are themselves satirical, with voices altered from the original speaker or singer, to make them funny in some other mouth. But they don’t like it when you use their little app to make certain sacred cows look stupid or dishonest. Any Every time the name Trump appears in a headline over a photo featuring one of his thousands of enemies, the Revive app is certain to flag your work in process as NSFW, as in not safe for work in the politically correct Progressive media environment. You’re not allowed. If you try to appease by moderating headlines o...
This is what I call an omnibus post. That is, it will contain many links to what I have published here and elsewhere previously. Not going to apologize for that. I don’t mind asking you to read a variety of approaches to the same gigantic topic. It’s a topic so big we’ve all become accustomed (or trained ourselves) to deal with it only in pieces. But the pieces are all part of a larger whole that has grave consequences for the culture as a whole. A great many people aren’t going to like what I have to say here, but it’s time it was said. I won’t be mincing words. If you feel like contending with specific points I am making, you’re well advised to read what’s at the links before you cut yourself the easy break of dismissing this post as irrational or wrongheaded or over-generalized. It isn’t. It just won’t be popular. A word about the word ‘general’ as it used in vernacular expressions like ”in general” or “generally speaking.” We all do generalize, mostly without acknowledging that whe...
Mad Max as you’re supposed to want her Having finished my Mad Max post yesterday, I realized I had confined my discussion of the ‘Instant Gratification’ problem to the MAGA fainthearts. Their inability to look far enough forward to envision consequences is far less than that of the whole half country full of Democrat apologists and Trump haters. Shouldn’t I address that fact in some comparable terms to what I just wrote? I guess so. The easy answer is referencing the two recent Mad Max sequels provided to us by Woke Hollywood. But I haven’t seen them. I had no interest in paying to see them in a theater. At one point I did put one of them, Furiosa I think, on my IMDB watch list. I received a notification that it would be briefly available on one of the streaming services and I did tune in to watch. Lost interest about 15 minutes in, by which time the old rules had it a good movie should have you hooked. I was not hooked. It was just the same cinematic backdrop as the Road W...
I won’t kid you. I’m exactly where Nancy Mace is on this case. Even Cluck and Buck were better at providing an appropriate legal context for the farce just played out in Massachusetts. Drug and alcohol intoxication are not legal defenses in murder trials. Combat veterans suffering from documented hallucinogenic episodes of PTSD have also been convicted of murder and given harsh punishments. The PTSD diagnosis does not suffice for an insanity defense. It is sometimes admitted after the verdict as a possible mitigating factor in sentencing. In legal terms sanity is knowing the difference between right and wrong. Lindsey Clancy has no basis for claiming that she forgot it is wrong to murder three helpless children in your care. The cultural debate has been focused on the supposed uniqueness of female “feelings.” Which men cannot understand. Which is a crock. I understand the why’s wherefore’s of people wanting a Get Out of Jail Free card just for being a “woman.” (To sa...
Predicted the last three economic meltdowns, from each of which he made a fortune. He’s been predicting the biggest one yet for a couple of months. There’s reason to take him seriously. He believes the President will invoke the Insurrection before the midterm elections. His argument is at the link. I advise you to watch his initial spiel, but not all of it until you’ve read I have to say. A delay recommended only because his video uses the ‘Infomercial’ tactic of going on and on and on until you’ve invested so much time it feels like commitment. I do not agree that Trump will invoke the Insurrection Act before the midterms but after if and only if he loses his majorities in Congress. Trump is still determined to win despite the many attempts that will be made to steal votes across the nation. That’s who he is. Here’s Rickards’s pitch . Here’s what I have to say, beginning from his Exhibit A on the Insurrection Act. That doesn’t mean it won’t be opposed tooth and cla...
Happy Independence Day No. 250! I’m planning to do my part for the year-long celebration of the still remarkable birth of the United States of America. Just starting to realize that the number of us who remember the last big anniversary in 1976 is getting smaller every day. Why I have some special ideas about focusing on the moment of transition, that is the tick of the clock last night when the 249th year became the 250th. A kind of time capsule that may be buried now but dug up later to see who were way back when you were still as young as you think you are now. My credentials for the job. Quite a few actually, but the most important one today is that I was a working participant in the official Bicentennial celebrations back when I was still young. I wrote a post about it almost 10 years ago, ancient history in today’s 24/7 chronometer dial. In honor of the ones no longer with us from that time, I dug up the old post from the Wayback Machine and put it back together here a...
RAV’s Frank Gaffney discussing existential crisis of AI with statecraft guru Sam Faddish. What could go wrong? This, for one thing: He has his own gaggle of Chicken Little AI experts. And, inevitably, this: Me, when I’m not hiding my true self behind a photograph They’re all worried about AI. Terrified in fact. For different reasons. Bannon has some apocalyptic seer who’s worried about meta-humans replacing Homo sapiens. Gaffney and Faddis are fixated on the latest AI hot topic, “The Singularity,” that magic moment when a supercomputer becomes self aware and decides to exterminate mankind. How did we get here? The usual way. The movies. First, there was HAL: Then, just a quarter century later, after a decades-long detour through a dead-end time paradox called The Terminator , there came the monstrous harpy HAL, a transgendered terminator in a box, like we’d been brought up to believe in, including Gaffney and Faddis: Worried yet? Here’s her resumé and mission statement. C...
Comments