A Necessary Moment

Yeah. I am.

Brenda Lee. She did this too. Before I knew what she looked like, I heard this song on jukeboxes everywhere, Diners, bars, you know, just places all over the place. Rusty Bells. I guess my own bells got rusty along the way. Sorry about that too.



Well, hell.



Not a cheerleader. A bluesy gal.out of place in her time. Her Greatest Hits album doesn’t even include Rusty Bells. Wow. Just keep listening. Lost talent.


I am sorry, Pat. I fought for 50 years and lost. I take it out on you. And you’re fed up. I get it. Don’t have an answer. Unless it’s this.

How Old Am I?

Or this.


Still. Sorry. Kindler, gentler. I do remember.

Yeah. That would be it.

Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble