Science Fictions / Scarlet Ribbons

 A Christmas Song from When There Were Such Things

A diversion for both victors and victims. Which are you?

(Pregnant pause before music begins...)

LYRICS FOR THE AUDIO-CHALLENGED:

I looked in to eye the damage
When I heard the left in prayer,
“And for us, some science fictions,
Science fictions full of fear”—
global cooling, global warming
Ozone holes, seas rising higher
Poison fracking, plagues alarming,
AIDS, yet populations spiking,
Not one hope, Mankind suiciding.

Through the gloom my heart was aching
Waiting for the night’s forgetting
In our land, as sun was setting,
Dems dreamed death and sped it nearer
Doomsdays needing tyrannies,
Global warnings, lying sneerers,
Lovely lefty science fictions, 
Science fictions everywhere.

If I live to be a hundred
I will never see from where 
Came their evil science fictions,
Science fictions ruling here.

If I live to be a hundred
I will never see from where 
Came their whorish scarlet ribbons,
Scarlet ribbons bleeding here.





[Consider this a prelude to the new R. F. Laird book, Death of the Republic, available free online.]

Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble