Jehovah’s Witnesses — A Pernicious Christian Cult

 11 Million in Misery

Jehovah’s Witnesses. You thought they were an intinerant joke. Not.

Sorry for no file names. Just click on the links. They’re all anguished persons underneath the http urls. I think they want to be anonymous. They’re not inconsiderable. I’m spending loads of time on Scientology. These victims are harder to find, but just as abused, just as victimized, just as struck on the head with a wet sock in childhood as the Hubbard babies. In my childhood, we used to have these people call on us with their Watchtower Magazine. My dad dispatched them by claiming to be Catholic. It worked. But they’re still here today, in Elsinboro, 60 years later. I promise not to look down on them anymore. But I have no idea what to say to them.

Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble