Death of the Republic


Marc Antony:

 “Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

“I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest–
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men–
Come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.”

    [Worth noting, Gaius Julius Caesar was not an emperor; the successors who fought for absolute power and took his name as a title were emperors and brought about the death of the several hundred years of Roman Republic.]

    The American Republic is now at an end. We had a good run. He will be forced to concede, because Trump will not declare martial law. He will not run again in 2024, despite Laura Ingraham’s fatuous defeatism in urging graciousness on a politically assassinated patriot. He will be 78 then. He has earned a rest. Caesar was stabbed 23 times in the Senate. Trump has been stabbed a thousand, a million times by people unfit to polish his gold toilet seat at Trump Tower.

    It’s up to us to figure out how to respond.

**********

    I told you this a good long time ago:

    “Thought I would check in on the Facebook crowd and offer a few thoughts.

    “Many months ago, during the fever of the Mueller investigation in 2017, I ventured the opinion that if they really really wanted to take out Trump, they would succeed. Not because there was any truth in their charges, but because all of you would gradually lose your convictions and your spines and revert to your braindead initial opposition to the man I will only refer to from here on as Horatio at the Bridge.

    “We’re there now. I don’t know what’s sorriest. Drudge on a daily mission to find the most absurd anti-Trump stories his web crawlers can find, Breitbart’s already brain and grammar challenged drones being swarmed by nanotool millennials who pretend to defend Horatio while attacking his knees at every whipstitch, or you lot.

    “I think you Facebook conservatives are the worst of all. We need fighters. What we have is mewlers, the eminently reasonable crew who keep posting the nonsense stories, giving them mindspace in order to refute them.

    “I see no sign at all, anywhere, that any of you have a big picture view of what’s going on and what’s at stake. You can’t even finish a 100 word intro to your indignant rebuttals without typographical and syntactic errors. You’re not warriors. You’re the Home Guard featured in half a dozen unfunny Brit WWII sitcoms.

    “Even the ones you regard as seers are a joke. Who is Scipio? What is a Michael Smith? Did anybody ask for a Lin Chu? Why? Not terribly bright would-be pundits with no credentials. Challenge any of them and they melt away, the way you all do.

    “I used to be here every day. Now I check the news once a week, not at Facebook, but at a handful of headline sites without reading their “wise” take on the stories, places where there is no “Like” as a replacement for thought and debate.

    “So, yeah. Trump is going to get taken out, probably in 2020. Because none of you know what war is or how to fight one.

    “I’m retiring from the political debate fray because my mind is wasted on all of you. I stayed one cycle too long actually, but I couldn’t resist proving that I had been righter than ANYONE about Obama and the first one to be right about Trump’s chances. Who am I? You can find me all over the Internet and on bookshelves here and there, a lot more than, say, Scipio or Bovard. But no links here. You’re not worth it. 

    “Am I done working? No.

    “Just not here.”

**********

    Our only chance to save the Republic was a Trump landslide. Any other result means lawyers and lawyers and gutless judges and chaos and unaccountable bureaucratic frauds without end. It’s over. It really is over. No need to be Ingraham-ish gracious (Pleeee-ase go gentle into that good night...) about it. Pissed is preferable and appropriate. But that doesn’t change the outcome. The greatest nation in history has decided to kill its own freedoms by electing a senile child predator as our head of state (Tiberius, anyone?) with a half-educated Marxist political concubine as his imminent (months to Messalina?) heir. What ignominy. We can let them stew in their own juices, the ones who voted for him, but elections are like the two men in a boat where the one says to the other, “I’m only drilling a hole in my half of the boat.” No such thing. I remember when I was writing on behalf of Romney against 2nd term Obama, and an idiot commenter who called himself Dirty Rotten Varmint denounced me as a political hack and announced he was voting for no one and would never read me again. He must be proud about now.

    Do you understand what the end of the American Republic means? 

    I’ll be back to talk about it in some detail. For now I’m just asking, demanding that you think about it for a week or two. If you won’t fight, I have a lot of life-end writing I can still do. What I don’t need is a gaggle of gutless losers trying to compromise politely with the death of their nation.

    I told you what I was prepared to do. How about you? Punk I was and punk I remain. And know that the Chinese dragon is prepared for you with open arms and an open mouth full of teeth and fire.
 

Comments

  1. I post your work on Gab so the other warriors can see a wise man's words. You might want to take a look. https://gab.com/home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert says thank you Edna. (This blog wouldn’t let him respond.) He’s working on a major post that will blow the roof off.

      I’m posting his blogs on Parler.

      Pat

      Delete
  2. I was trying to get him on Gab, Parler has been banning people for some of the same things as Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble