Only been dabbling about Henican till now


Talked about him before. Ellis Henican. He’s a shallow guy. Tended to regard him as an irritating joke. But he fooled me. My own research was shallow. I missed the funnest thing about him. His education. I didn’t miss the Columbia School of Journalism part. I missed the Hampshire College part.


Hampshire College. I have a personal memory or two about that place. I knew a guy who flounced off to the maiden class at Hampshire when Yale turned down his attempt to get admitted from his junior year at Mercersburg on account of his clear genius. Name of David Ganelin. He burned his rejection letter and pronounced his matriculation at Hampshire College. In those days they required a picture of the applicant. Figured Yale turned him down for being presumptuous but also for his look. Like a dwarfish Bigfoot with hands dangling below his knees.

Had a prolonged encounter with a Jennifer Rubin acolyte from Hampshire College who believed every promise the deranged WAPO Op-Ed columnist made about the downfall of Trump during the Mueller investigation. What tormented him about was not the absurdity of the Mueller gang but something closer to home. Rubin NEVER weighed in to support her devoted acolytes. Not once. I taunted her about it. I also taunted the Hampshire grad for believing lies that never turned into truth. He was uniformly smug and superior with me until we lost track after it turned out the 2 1/2 year Mueller investigations turned out to be empty.

Here’s the dead list of Hampshire College. Bear in mind there have never been more than 100 graduates of this of a $50 million dolla trailer park…


I was saddened to see that David Ganelin was on the list Hampshire College list He was a stupid boy. But I didn’t want him dead.




 

Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble