History and Conventional Wisdom say I’m done

Photo 6 months old. I’m 67 years old. What’s your excuse?

Even when I was young, they used to kid me about being Dorian Gray. “How can you drink and think so much and still not be a physical wreck?” Here’s the thing. I do have a secret portrait I check on, which registers all my most venal and despicable sins. I look at it every damn day. How mortified do you think I am?

 
The painting’s only 101 years old.

Hurts, y’know.


Comments

Readers also liked…

Why did it have to be snakes?

Things Fall Apart

The Rest of the Story About the Clancy Trial…?

Bad Max as a challenging lesson

Contradicting Nostradamus

TEMU Mary’s in MAGA clothing

The Real Sword of Damocles Hanging Over Western Civilization

Saving the Democrats a lot of time

Concerning the 250th Anniversary of Our Nation

Don’t like Trump? Get over it.