What I Did With My Year Off 1



From May 2019 to May 2020, I haven’t been here. Realized I was just a Buccaneer. More accurately, an old privateer, not working for anybody but me.

What we at Blogger call a Missing Year.

I didn’t like anything. Couldn’t believe anything. Thought I was done.

Tried multiple workarounds.

After Punk. History Channel did two Tesla docs While I did one.

The Laird Notebooks. Started writing about reading.

How to Have Fun During the National Shutdown. Good stuff for everyone.

Even a sad little stripped down site at simplesite.com. I binge-watched like everyone else. I even lied. About Seven of Nine. It was always T’Pol.

And all the streaming services, until I had to give up on those too. I liked the idea of a Vulcan woman, whose womanitude was slowly emerging with the Captain. Then they got desperate for ratings, and she started stripping down. Ticked me off. I was half in love with T’Pol. Especially when she had her guilt episode and, gasp, what might have been tears. Then they did this crap.



But I was working the whole time. Just couldn’t get off the dime.

Like at Facebook, even after they banned two of my websites. I just never ever stop.

FB. Yeah, I was there, the whole time. Why I’ll be adding to the list of what I did on my “Year Off.” Just go to Facebook and search for ‘Robert Laird.’ I’m the good looking one.

Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble