Being the continuation of InstaPunk and InstaPunk Rules
A Word to the Unwise
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The Washington DC Mall. What a million people looks like.
In the aftermath of the attempted assassination of Donald Trump on July 13, there have been a lot of contradictory responses by members of his political opposition. These range from insincere expressions of outrage and sympathy to claims that the event was not real but staged and, in distressingly large numbers, to bitter bursts of disappointment that the shooter missed his target. On top of these displays of Democrat boorishness comes the even more concerning discovery that the Secret Service charged with protecting Trump failed so egregiously in its duty that the biggest question occupying the public is whether the near-miss was the result of incompetence or deliberate intention. Official responses by the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and the Secret Service leadership appear to be aimed more at obfuscating the investigation than cooperating with it. No one has been suspended or asked to resign over the evident failure of the government to make the electoral process secure for those who engage in it. There is no sign that serious, immediate corrective actions are being implemented to prevent another such catastrophic event.
That’s the reason for this post. It’s impossible not to suspect that the leftists in charge of the government are more disappointed than otherwise by the miraculous escape of Donald Trump. Which makes it equally impossible not to suspect that they would still regard the death of their hated rival as the ultimate Black Swan salvation of an apparently doomed second Biden term. Why I feel obligated to utter the following warning:
DON’T TRY IT AGAIN.
Most acts of malice, active or passive, are crippled by the inability of those behind them to foresee the real consequences that are sure to follow. The intended consequences are short term mini-orgasms. The long-term consequences are mostly unintended and devastating to the malefactors. They result from a kind of narcissistic stupidity and the stunted imagination of the wife who calls 911 to report that her husband committed suicide in bed, just like her last husband did. She’s thinking million dollar insurance policy, not life in prison with no parole. How dumb is that?
Since the American left is notoriously retarded when it comes to imagination, I will do the imagining for you.
An image you don’t want to behold.
If your dreams come true and Trump is assassinated in some dark October Surprise before the November election, there will be a funeral. It will be State Funeral, because Donald Trump is a former President of the United States. There will be an outpouring of public grief. The obvious point of comparison is to the Reagan funeral week in 2004.
Reagan had been out of office for a dozen years when he died. And, still, the public response was huge and emotional. He was a belovèd figure. And like it or not, Trump is a belovèd figure. He will not be a dozen years out of the headlines. He will be on the verge of the most amazing comeback victory in the history of American politics. And his many millions of followers will know that a second assassination event on this man cannot possibly be an accident but must be the direct result of government machinations. Even loyal Democrats will feel sympathy for the mourners, because even if they didn’t believe the government was complicit in the first attempt, they will conclude that what had to be done to prevent a successful assassination was not done. Their faith in their government will be seriously shaken, because the fact of the death and the size of the public outcry are obviously disasters for the nation’s well being. We have never gotten over the JFK assassination. We would never get over a Trump assassination. These are national wounds that never completely heal. Those who shirked the responsibility to prevent them are never forgiven.
There will be no way to stop a multi-million MAGA March on Washington. It will dwarf any public event ever in the history of the United States. There are only two ways this happening can go.
It will turn violent.
This will be very bad for you on the left. The overwhelming majority of participants in the March will be ordinary citizens, men, women, and children of every race and class. Even if their fellow travelers include armed insurgents desiring retaliation, there will be no way to prevent incredibly ugly images of innocent mothers and children harmed during any violent intervention by uniformed authorities. Multiply the worst of the Jan 6 Capitol confrontations by a thousand or even ten thousand. If the police and the troopers succeed in putting down the riots and vandalism that ensures, the nation will know that their government has lost control of its most fundamental role in the social contract, the preservation of civil order. The election will have to be canceled. Which is not a plus for the left. They will be nakedly exposed as exactly what they claimed Trump was, an anti-democratic force of oppression, now ruling unsupported by the consent of the governed. The hard left and the Democrat Party will in the streets,of Washington DC.
It will be nonviolent.
This is the second possibility. Even worse for the hard left and the Democrat Party. Yes, there will be signs, chants, speeches on street corners, but so were there during the huge Tea Party events back in the Obama days. The truth is that the behavior of protest groups on the right has been far more peaceful and nonviolent than the last decade’s lefty protests. (There were no guns or police deaths on Jan6 in the Capitol “Insurrection.”) It was the left who rioted and looted in downtown DC on the day of Trump’s inauguration in 2017. It was the left who rioted and looted and attacked police with clubs and Molotov cocktails in the George Floyd protests, then burned down largely black neighborhoods in half a dozen cities across the nation, costing billions in property damage and upwards of a hundred deaths. Yet the Biden administration has somehow accused MAGA supporters of being the violent ones. The Biden DOJ has even publicly identified MAGA, the Catholic Church, and even Republican Party membership as criteria in their investigation of “white supremacy,” claimed to be biggest domestic terror threat in the United States. While little old ladies have been arrested, convicted, and sentenced to prison for the “hate crime” of peacefully protesting outside abortion clinics, Antifa has never been declared a terrorist organization or investigated for crimes like arson and assault.
Now apply your little imaginations to a big eventuality, that the multimillion MAGA March on Washington does not engage in deliberate confrontation with police or National Guard units. Why would I think that? Because despite all of Biden’s bellicose rhetoric and dark hints about bad things awaiting Trump, the assassination attempt has not been followed by any sort of MAGA retaliation. No mass shootings, bomb threats, death threats, SWATTING/DOXING events, or, well, Antifa-type violence.
Such an outcome would ultimately defeat mass media propaganda about right wing threats to “Democracy,” which have always been, quite transparently to conscious observers, classical Freudian projection by the left. Biden and his army of Trump haters are the ones who are deeply anti-democratic, dictatorial, lawless, and subversive. Seeking to win a presidential election by putting your opponent in prison is about as undemocratic as it gets.
The American people, in the event of a successful Trump assassination, will see that it is not MAGA or Trump or Christians or pro-lifers or social conservatives who are despotic and violent. They will see it in the overwhelmingly peaceful way these groups will honor the passing and memory of their greatest champion. Then they will use the ballot box to throw the vicious ideologues who slew him out of office forever.
GIVE IT UP. KEEP HIM ALIVE.
WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE.
Donald Trump wasn’t the only one who dodged a bullet on J13. Biden and his minions did too. Everything I’ve described above has been prevented by the finger of God that pushed Trump’s head just enough to save his life and our nation for another day.
AI is independently objective? Not politically biased? Not a powerful hidden censor? Guess again. This post isn’t about AI. But AI is now part of an increasingly ominous context in which the fate of western civilization is being played as both low comedy and high tragedy. I use an AI app as a satirical tool. It enables you to make still photos of faces say things from a long list of snappy quotes and music clips. A lot of the quotes are themselves satirical, with voices altered from the original speaker or singer, to make them funny in some other mouth. But they don’t like it when you use their little app to make certain sacred cows look stupid or dishonest. Any Every time the name Trump appears in a headline over a photo featuring one of his thousands of enemies, the Revive app is certain to flag your work in process as NSFW, as in not safe for work in the politically correct Progressive media environment. You’re not allowed. If you try to appease by moderating headlines o...
Take a minute to look at the opener here. We all know this is pretty much how things are nowadays. Everything chaotic, backwards and upside down, as if some law of nature had been violated. Which it has. Early in this this century, wishful thinkers believed in a mirage called Hope and Change that turned out to be shallow, insincere, and small-minded. We survived that, sort of, but the ones who felt most betrayed, about 30 percent of the nation, believed they deserved more than the eight years of delusion which had been their sacrifice given in exchange for the real prize. In compensation, they wanted to elect a very bad woman to the Presidency of the United States. They were denied that wrongheaded but deeply felt desire. Since that bitter disappointment they have become obsessed with becoming as mean and hateful and ruthless as it took to wreak their revenge on the man who defeated them and the people who helped him do it. The bad woman led the legions of those smashing everythin...
I won’t kid you. I’m exactly where Nancy Mace is on this case. Even Cluck and Buck were better at providing an appropriate legal context for the farce just played out in Massachusetts than the rest of the media. Drug and alcohol intoxication are not legal defenses in murder trials. Combat veterans suffering from documented hallucinogenic episodes of PTSD have also been convicted of murder and given harsh punishments. The PTSD diagnosis does not suffice for an insanity defense. It is sometimes admitted after the verdict as a possible mitigating factor in sentencing. In legal terms sanity is knowing the difference between right and wrong. Lindsey Clancy has no basis for claiming that she forgot it is wrong to murder three helpless children in your care. The cultural debate has been focused on the supposed uniqueness of female “feelings.” Which men cannot understand. Which is a crock. I understand the why’s wherefore’s of people wanting a Get Out of Jail Free card just ...
Predicted the last three economic meltdowns, from each of which he made a fortune. He’s been predicting the biggest one yet for a couple of months. There’s reason to take him seriously. He believes the President will invoke the Insurrection before the midterm elections. His argument is at the link. I advise you to watch his initial spiel, but not all of it until you’ve read I have to say. A delay recommended only because his video uses the ‘Infomercial’ tactic of going on and on and on until you’ve invested so much time it feels like commitment. I do not agree that Trump will invoke the Insurrection Act before the midterms but after if and only if he loses his majorities in Congress. Trump is still determined to win despite the many attempts that will be made to steal votes across the nation. That’s who he is. Here’s Rickards’s pitch . Here’s what I have to say, beginning from his Exhibit A on the Insurrection Act. That doesn’t mean it won’t be opposed tooth and cla...
Mad Max as you’re supposed to want her Having finished my Mad Max post yesterday, I realized I had confined my discussion of the ‘Instant Gratification’ problem to the MAGA fainthearts. Their inability to look far enough forward to envision consequences is far less than that of the whole half country full of Democrat apologists and Trump haters. Shouldn’t I address that fact in some comparable terms to what I just wrote? I guess so. The easy answer is referencing the two recent Mad Max sequels provided to us by Woke Hollywood. But I haven’t seen them. I had no interest in paying to see them in a theater. At one point I did put one of them, Furiosa I think, on my IMDB watch list. I received a notification that it would be briefly available on one of the streaming services and I did tune in to watch. Lost interest about 15 minutes in, by which time the old rules had it a good movie should have you hooked. I was not hooked. It was just the same cinematic backdrop as the Road W...
This is what I call an omnibus post. That is, it will contain many links to what I have published here and elsewhere previously. Not going to apologize for that. I don’t mind asking you to read a variety of approaches to the same gigantic topic. It’s a topic so big we’ve all become accustomed (or trained ourselves) to deal with it only in pieces. But the pieces are all part of a larger whole that has grave consequences for the culture as a whole. A great many people aren’t going to like what I have to say here, but it’s time it was said. I won’t be mincing words. If you feel like contending with specific points I am making, you’re well advised to read what’s at the links before you cut yourself the easy break of dismissing this post as irrational or wrongheaded or over-generalized. It isn’t. It just won’t be popular. A word about the word ‘general’ as it used in vernacular expressions like ”in general” or “generally speaking.” We all do generalize, mostly without acknowledging that whe...
Who’s in charge of building the American ‘woman’ of the future? Everyone knows what TEMU is, right? Even I know what TEMU is, and I don’t have anything to do with TikTok. How can that be? I don’t even associate with the CCP-friendly mass media. But I do know and I’ll explain why. For those a little bit farther behind the curve, this is TEMU: Companies like TEMU are the reason why Trump is taking a harder line against China than every other treacherous trading partner of the United States. The Wall Street media crowd is actively hoping for a recession to cool Trump’s jets on the tariff thing. They can’t afford to lose the enormous subsidy their publications receive from Chinese advertisers. Anything is preferable to losing those big big bucks in a period when the suckers are no longer willing to read libels against themselves by paying to see behind a pay wall. The crisis of the Trump tariff policy (that’s “Trade War” in NYTspeak) is hitting TEMU too.. Oh. Right. The crisis is higher pr...
Conflicted identity and media image woes By now we know if you’re a Democrat, getting elected isn’t about who you are, what you’ve done or haven’t done. It’s about how people see you. The factors that can do in a candidate are often more subtle than the pundits of the professional wrestling circuit called the mainstream media. Why we think it’s time to help the world’s most uninformed voters about who to elect as their next nominee for President. We’re not going to get all racist and sexist about it. The decision points we’ve discovered are all based on the individuals involved, not the immaterial fluff like experience or political philosophies. We’ll start right at the top and give you one simple thing to bear in mind before you try to pick a winner for 2028. Kamala Harris Not about the word salads or the escort thing. Too Desperate. Gavin Newsom Too Lyle Waggoner. Times change. Bernie Sanders Too ‘Little Big Man’ AOC Too prematurely passé Gretchen Whitmer Too Lily-White J...
Happy Independence Day No. 250! I’m planning to do my part for the year-long celebration of the still remarkable birth of the United States of America. Just starting to realize that the number of us who remember the last big anniversary in 1976 is getting smaller every day. Why I have some special ideas about focusing on the moment of transition, that is the tick of the clock last night when the 249th year became the 250th. A kind of time capsule that may be buried now but dug up later to see who were way back when you were still as young as you think you are now. My credentials for the job. Quite a few actually, but the most important one today is that I was a working participant in the official Bicentennial celebrations back when I was still young. I wrote a post about it almost 10 years ago, ancient history in today’s 24/7 chronometer dial. In honor of the ones no longer with us from that time, I dug up the old post from the Wayback Machine and put it back together here a...
Another has-been life ruined beyond repair. Trump Curse writ large. Rosie O’Donnell still can’t get over the fact that Trump won the Republican nomination in 2016 by blowing off Megyn Kelly’s gotcha question about his mean tweets to women, using her as the completely understandable punchline. Millions of men, and even some women, said to themselves, “I would do that too.” She’s a sad case. But this latest outburst got me to thinking. Maybe I’ve been unfair to The Donald myself over the years. With my wife and others, I’ve taken the position that I admire Trump as a President and would-be savior of the Republic. I’ve also said I wouldn’t have him in my house for dinner. Or, less pompously, that I have never had any desire to meet him in person. I have fought strenuously for his political life and fortunes. No one can deny that. But I also fought for George W and Mitt Romney (as I had done for McCain, whom I genuinely despised) when they were running. Didn’t want to meet them...
Comments