The Woman’s Touch: Turning a Flop into a Foul

 

She’s allowed to cry.

So, unlike most of you, I actually watched the USA-Canada soccer game. Yeah, our women didn’t play well. The call that led to the penalty-kick goal was bogus. Delivered by a WOKE woman official, no doubt. (I saw her. She had hips and breasts.)

Not happy with all the piling on though. They lost. It happens. The Olympics are, first and foremost, political games. Without intensely nationalistic spirit, you wind up losing. ‘Twas ever so. We didn’t have that this time. I was reminded of a time, 40 years ago, when we did have that spirit.


Politics is always a distraction from the important things. I confess when I found out there was a trans-gender on the field, I stopped watching the soccer and started trying to spot the TG player. Failed. Discovered they all looked like guys, no hips, flat-chested (very), odd gender-neutral hair, just slower somehow, like 15 year old boys with talent but little speed. But lines in their faces, like women who’ve had a tough row to hoe.

Why I feel bad for them. It’s not karma. It’s just the breaks, which can be good or bad. This time the breaks broke badly.

The other thing about watching the Olympics is, after you fall asleep (and you will, believe me), when you wake up, it’s always beach volley ball. And they look like guys now too.



Comments

Readers also liked…

A Near-Perfect Microcosm of “The Swamp”

The Best Book on the Trump Phenomenon

A Reclamation Project Begun

Manuscript Submission, The Boomer Bible

The CHYOS Superscript

The impenetrable NYC Bubble